Subscribe to the ServiceMonster newsletter to stay up-to-date with our monthly COVID-19 cleaning industry reports:
The numbers are in: Cleaning industry jobs were down 22% nationwide during the month of March.
Our data shows that the percent change for each state ranged between a 7% increase in total number of jobs and a 49% decrease. However, all but two states saw a sharp decline in number of jobs compared to March of 2019.
Only 2 states showed an INCREASE in number of jobs from March 2019 to March 2020:
- Cleaning businesses in Idaho had 7% more jobs in March 2020
- Cleaning businesses in Nevada had 3% more jobs in March 2020
The states that showed the largest DECREASE in number of jobs from March 2019 to March 2020:
- Cleaning businesses in North Dakota had 49% fewer jobs in March 2020
- Cleaning businesses in Washington had 43% fewer jobs in March 2020
- Cleaning businesses in Virginia had 41% fewer jobs in March 2020
Overall, the nationwide average shows a 22% decrease in the number of jobs, comparing March 2019 to March 2020.
Clients who use ServiceMonster process over 1.25 million cleaning jobs a year. Our clients largely include carpet cleaners, pressure washers, window cleaners and maid service companies. We compared the total number of jobs in March 2019 to March 2020 with a constant cohort for both data points.
The Complete State-By-State Data: