How to Setup Job Reminders in SM6
Create SMS and/or Email Templates
- Go to Settings > Templates. Business Templates are for email reminders/confirmations. SMS Templates are for text message reminders/confirmations.
- Business and SMS templates follow the same formatting (however, keep your SMS templates concise!).
Here are some resources for you to use while setting these up:
What are some examples of email templates: http://www.servicemonster.net/support/what-are-some-examples-of-email-templates/
What data tags are used in email templates: http://www.servicemonster.net/support/what-data-tags-are-used-in-email-templates/
*Note – if you are using templates in an outside program, you’re welcome to copy+paste them into ServiceMonster; just be sure to add data tags and preview them before sending them out.’
- Create as many reminders as you’d like depending upon the verbiage and number of reminders you’re sending out.
Create Job Reminders
- Go to Settings > Job Reminders.
- Click +New Notification Setting.
- Name the notification. If this a reminder that you’d like to have go out three days before a job, name it as such.
- Set the notification type (email or text) and the number of days or hours before or after a specific time or the job time.
- Select if you want to send it to all, residential, or commercial customers.
- Select your email or SMS template.
Setup Notification Preferences
- In the job reminders section of your company settings, click Preferences.
- Select whether or not you want ServiceMonster to generate reminders automatically for you.